Our lab will focus on the actuation of robots – how to better drive them for motions and functionalities. Here are our research directions
- Artificial muscle
- Actuators that mimic the function of biological muscle in terms of compliance and work density.
- Artificial-muscle-driven robots
- Soft robots
- Shape-morphing robots (Robots that change their configurations/properties for different functionalities).
- Modeling and control
- Design, modeling, and control of artificial muscle for robotic applications
- Machine-learning-based modeling and control